nitro 5 an515-53 dock

ViciousCustoms
ViciousCustoms Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good day all,
I'm wondering if anyone is using a dock with their nitro 5. I bought the ACER USB-C dock, but subsequently found that the information I was given about it being compatible was incorrect. Is there a universal USB dock that will allow me a single connection for video and peripherals? I know that I'll still have to use the laptop power supply, but reducing the multiple connections to support my external monitor, keyboard, mouse, phone, etc. down to one connection would be ideal. I won't be gaming on the secondary monitor, it's used for productivity while at work. 

Thanks!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon ViciousCustoms !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    A dock will only work if USB-TypeC 3.1 for Gen2 is supported with Thuderbolt support.
    Otherwise it is not possible to use for video connection.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ViciousCustoms
    ViciousCustoms Member Posts: 4 New User
    @MaClane My laptop is the ACER Nitro 5 AN515-53-55G9. I'm relatively sure that it won't support any video via USB-C according to another post. If that's incorrect I'd love to hear it. I had read that it might support display port but not HDMI, but the aforementioned post revealed that it was wrong. I'm inclined to believe the later. What I'm curious about in this post is whether or not the universal USB Type A style dock will work. Something akin to the plugable universal docking station (link below) is what I had in mind, but I'm hoping someone has first hand experience they might be able to share. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Plugable-Universal-Docking-Station-Ethernet/dp/B00ECDM78E/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=universal+laptop+docking+station&qid=1563313431&s=gateway&sr=8-4