Waste of Tim? Acer Revo 601

Parksoft
Parksoft Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I bought the Revo Build (601) a while back thinking that if nothing else, I could use it to run some simple things around the house. It didn't even come with enough memory to let it upgrade itself.... Now, it's a dead product and a waste of money on this purchase. Please tell me that Acer is making this right somehow for those of us that were stupid enough to trust this?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Parksoft !

Firstly, here is an open collaborative forum for Acer users and enthusiasts, not central support.
    If you need help, there are several users willing to do this.
    But if your intention is just to complain, you should trigger your warranty and get in direct contact with Acer.

Otherwise, please indicate which EXACT model of the device (Example: M1-601-UR51) and what problem it has.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Parksoft
    Parksoft Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2019
    Gee, thanks for such a nice reply... *queue sarcasm*

Acer Revo 601 doesn't have enough memory to update to Windows 10. If you look through the community, this is a known issue but Acer has been curiously silent about it on ALL forums which does not speak well to their commitment to customers. The only "solution" that I have seen in this community is to download windows 10 that already exists on the machine (how can it exist considering the root problem) and then use Rufus to create a bootable USB. This was posted by a user as a solution (and seems to be flawed, at least in concept) and NOT an Acer recommended solution - does one even exist?

So yes, this is partially XXXXXXXX and partially solution seeking. The lack of input that I'm seeing on behalf of Acer is noticeable however and that makes me extremely reluctant to purchase the brand moving forward. I'm am posting to this forum to see what other users have tried and if anything has worked.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Without informing the EXACT model it is difficult to help.
    Some models have support for up to 8Gb of upgrade.
    In addition, 2GB of RAM is the only way to install Windows 10.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!