BSOD when i disconnect from AC on my A515-41G-157D, cant locate solution

JH01
JH01 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone,

I've tried in vain to get my laptop back up and running after the dreaded BSOD appeared last night. We don't use it that often, but it worked fine 2 weeks earlier. See below for what i've tried so far from suggestions online and here:

- Booted in Safe Mode to roll back graphics card driver, and uninstall latest windows updates (FAILED)
- Reinstalled windows updates to latest as well as AMD up to latest version (FAILED)
- Unistalled windows updates, turned off auto update, kept AMD up to date (FAILED)
- Boot up via troubleshooting, opted for RESET while keeping personal files (FAILED)
- Ran RAM test, all clear
- Uninstalled C: drive apps that were clogging up room
- Checked ACER Centre, noticed latest BIOS wasn't up to date, manually downloaded and installed BIOS 1.09 over then 1.06 (FAILED)
- Ran battery report test through command prompt (nothing out of the ordinary), ACER battery test also lists battery as good.
- Tune up revealed SSD may have a defect and recommended backing up data.

The constant is that while AC is plugged in, all tests i can run are normal except the SSD reading a bit dodge. I can leave the laptop running off battery in boot mode, as well as at login screen indefinitely with no issue. As soon as it logs into desktop, or if i remove the AC after that point, BSOD (blue screen) appears (sometimes clear, sometimes distorted) advising there has been an issue and it needs to restart with the stupid frowny face it keeps sarcastically mocking me with.

Hope i have provided enough info, let me know if you need anything else. Hopefully you can help me out without needing to take it in for a 1/2 of the computers value lol

Answers

• Have you tried uninstalling the battery and AC adapter drivers in the device manager? Have you tried resetting the internal battery? Are you using windows 10 1903?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)