Acer Switch Alpha 12 shutting off randomly

beatboxbill
beatboxbill Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery for this thing?

The laptop will only turn on when plugged in.  It says it is fully charged, but even when it's plugged in, it will just shut off out of nowhere.  The last time it did this, it gave me a low battery warning and then (x_x) dead

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example sf314-51! Probably the switch button is not being pressed properly and so the notebook is turning off randomly!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I bought my replacement battery from Amazon, but you can also get them direct from Acer and I imagine from vendors on eBay as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlphaUserOmega
    AlphaUserOmega Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Acer Alpha switch 12. Does anybody knows how to remove the battery. Mine is solidly glued to the computer. No screws or anything else seems to hold it. Can not see under. Bought a new battery because the old one does not hold charge for more than an hour.

• @AlphaUserOmega Ideally you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question. Add me by placing a @!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • beatboxbill

Acer Switch Alpha 12 SA5-271P-74E1

• beatboxbill

Acer Switch Alpha 12 SA5-271P-74E1

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The battery is held in place using an adhesive pry slowly and carefully and it will come out.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • beatboxbill
    I took mine to a local tablet/phone repair shop.  The battery wasn't seated properly and he fixed it for free.  Unfortunately, I cracked the screen trying to pry it open, but found a replacement screen on AliExpress for 90 bucks.  Hope it works!