Laptop stops taking charge while using Nvidia GPU(Acer Aspire A515-51G

Options
Jodhayash
Jodhayash Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Aspire A515-51G is charging normally while doing common work, but as soon as I start a game that requires my Nvidia gpu, laptop stops taking the charge and both the charging light and power light starts blinking. It resumes charging normally after closing the game and reconnecting the charger. Any ideas how to solve this issue ?

Best Answer

• Jodhayash

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    @tobimaru that explains the behavior a lot but earlier it used to work normally. I went to the service center and the problem was with my charger, replacing the charger solved it. Thanks again for the help guys @egydiocoelho @tobimaru

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Does this happen when you let the battery charge 100%? Have you tried uninstalling these drivers?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jodhayash

Tinkerer

Options
    It occurs regardless of the battery percentage, and ya I've tried reinstalling the drivers.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the uefi firmware version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jodhayash

Tinkerer

Options
    Bios Version : V1.12
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the internal battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    On AC power, with a heavy work load such as a video game or a video render, my Acer Nitro 5 would also discharge the battery.

This is normal operation for some Acer models. In short, the laptop uses both AC power AND battery power to provide the necessary power for the system under heavy work load. This temporarily stops the battery from charging while the system draws power both from AC and battery. As soon as the work load ends, the battery begins charging again. At some point (30%?) the battery will not discharge anymore. You may notice at this point, if you are still gaming and the battery begins to charge; there may be a drop in performance.

This is why everyone recommends gaming with 100% battery. The discharge on heavy workload is how some models (typically the budget models) manage power. From what I could tell this is 100% normal operation from the factory.
  • Jodhayash

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    @tobimaru that explains the behavior a lot but earlier it used to work normally. I went to the service center and the problem was with my charger, replacing the charger solved it. Thanks again for the help guys @egydiocoelho @tobimaru