Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How to connect a chromebook to a display?( Acer Chromebook B515-1HT-P7W.)

LenKLenK Posts: 2Member New User
edited July 14 in Chromebooks
I am considering the purchase of an Acer Chromebook B515-1HT-P7W.
Is it possible to connect one of the USB ports to an HDMI cable, and if so, what type of adapter is required?
Thanks 

Comments

• billseybillsey Posts: 7,232ACE Pathfinder
    I believe you can do that with the USB-C port but can't with the USB 3.0.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LenKLenK Posts: 2Member New User
    Thanks for your reply. I think you are probably right. I was disappointed to see that there was no HDMI port on the Acer Chromebook that I am considering, so I thought that there must be an alternative. There are converters out there, but I am unwilling to have to buy and test one or more to find out if they are compatible. The Acer web site is really lacking. Some converters are very specific about which devices are compatible, and most devices listed are phones. I gave up on trying to find one that specifies any Acer Chromebook. My old HP Chromebook 14 has an HDMI port that works amazingly well.

Acer, are you listening?