Acer Aspire U27-880 - Automatic Power On

Mandrake079
Mandrake079 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I'm trying to configure an Acer Aspire U27-880 All-in-One to power-on automatically at a pre-determined time.  I'd hoped that enabling the 'Power On By RTC Alarm' in the BIOS and then entering a time would do the trick, but when I do this, absolutely nothing happens and the computer stays completely dark.  Does anyone know if this model can be configured to auto-start and, if so, could they please help me through the process? 

I've also tried using Windows Task Scheduler instead.  I didn't expect that to work though and wasn't disappointed!

The computer is running Windows 10 and the BIOS version is R01-A1.  

Thanks

Ted 

Best Answer

• Mandrake079
    Answer ✓
    In case it helps anyone else:  the issue seems to be the 'fast start-up' setting which is enabled by default in Windows 10 power options.  Once this is disabled, the BIOS 'Power On By RTC Alarm' works as expected.

Incidentally, the RTC Alarm startup method only works if the PC was previously shut down.  If it's just hibernating under Windows nothing happens.  This is probably basic stuff but it took me a while to figure out!   

Answers

• Mandrake079
    Answer ✓
    In case it helps anyone else:  the issue seems to be the 'fast start-up' setting which is enabled by default in Windows 10 power options.  Once this is disabled, the BIOS 'Power On By RTC Alarm' works as expected.

Incidentally, the RTC Alarm startup method only works if the PC was previously shut down.  If it's just hibernating under Windows nothing happens.  This is probably basic stuff but it took me a while to figure out!