Issue with Nitro 5 AN515-52

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Without trying to turn on the laptop plugged in and battery connected, is the battery charge LED amber, blue, blinking amber or off? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrKrakeen
    MrKrakeen Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

I have checked all cables. I think is all in order.
    Please check the pictures
  • MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Without trying to turn on the laptop plugged in and battery connected, is the battery charge LED amber, blue, blinking amber or off? Jack E/NJ
    Fixed blue. The battery is charged
  • JackE
    What graphics adapter is on the mainboard? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What graphics adapter is on the mainboard? Jack E/NJ
    GTX 1050 4GB
  • JackE
    Can you find a spring loaded button in the small red circle in your mainboard image below? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mr. jacke refers to this button, which should be present on the models with the gtx1050 video card:

However jacke, his model owns a motherboard with a different revision, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

I had already checked this. There is no switch on this mobo.

• JackE
    What is this little do-hickey? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What is this little do-hickey? Jack E/NJ

Honestly I dont know
  • JackE
    When you gently press it, does it feel like it might be spring-loaded? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    When you gently press it, does it feel like it might be spring-loaded? Jack E/NJ
    it is a welding point
  • JackE
    A solder bump. Probably some undocumented production changes to the mainboard. Since you've got the board fairly well exposed, you might want to carefully inspect it for a spring loaded switch. It can't be that small where you'd need a magnifying glass or loupe to see it.  How about looking around the peripheries of the thermal module and fans since they were disturbed to apply the MX4? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    A solder bump. Probably some undocumented production changes to the mainboard. Since you've got the board fairly well exposed, you might want to carefully inspect it for a spring loaded switch. It can't be that small where you'd need a magnifying glass or loupe to see it.  How about looking around the peripheries of the thermal module and fans since they were disturbed to apply the MX4? Jack E/NJ
    I also looked it with the magnifying glass. I found nothing. 
    I see only a reset button. 

If you find anything send me a message.  Thanks.

• JackE
    >>>I honestly don't remember if the first time I changed the thermal paste I disconnected the battery>>>Could this have caused any damage?>>>Fixed blue. The battery is charged>>>

This is exactly the kind of accident that the safety switch was designed to avoid.  So let's try a test to see if the switch is in there somewhere. With the bottom cover removed, does the battery charge LED light up when the charger is plugged in? If it doesn't light up with the cover off, it's a good sign that the switch is in there somewhere and did its job when you re-pasted even if you didn't disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Can the switch be located on the other side of the motherboard? Specifically under the keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    I doubt it. It would defeat the purpose of cutting power to the mainboard when the bottom cover is removed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I honestly don't remember if the first time I changed the thermal paste I disconnected the battery>>>Could this have caused any damage?>>>Fixed blue. The battery is charged>>>

This is exactly the kind of accident that the safety switch was designed to avoid.  So let's try a test to see if the switch is in there somewhere. With the bottom cover removed, does the battery charge LED light up when the charger is plugged in? If it doesn't light up with the cover off, it's a good sign that the switch is in there somewhere and did its job when you re-pasted even if you didn't disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

The blue led work also without the cover...

• This is the power led and indicates that the motherboard is powered! However, the battery led is not lit, as if the battery is not being detected! that's why Mr. Jacque suspects that the culprit is the switch button, because when the notebook is open, this button prevents the notebook from being turned on!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MrKrakeen

Tinkerer

This is the power led and indicates that the motherboard is powered! However, the battery led is not lit, as if the battery is not being detected! that's why Mr. Jacque suspects that the culprit is the switch button, because when the notebook is open, this button prevents the notebook from being turned on!
    Ok, but where do I find it? I looked at everything. Should I also disassemble the mobo and look under the motherboard?
    Maybe there is some trick (key combination) to unlock this block?