Sound Problem(Acer Aspire 3 A315-41

Options
123Sam_
123Sam_ Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I've recently purchased an Acer Aspire 3 A315-41. I've noticed that there is a sound issue. I've got my Realtek Audio drivers installed but despite that, sound would sometimes not come from my laptop even though the sound is fully on. When I restart the laptop, sound would finally come but would go away once I restarted again. Another big problem is that when I plug my headphones in, there would be a box appearing stating "Which Device Did You Plug in". Unless I click that box, the sound from my laptop would not go to the headphones. Instead, the sound would just continue playing from the laptop. Could this be a driver issue or are my settings not set to default? Kindly help me out, thanks.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @123Sam_,

Did you try to reinstall the sound drivers. Try it. Go to device manager and make a right click on the sound driver to uninstall it. restart the unit. 

Image result for how to reinstall the sound drivers

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • 123Sam_

Tinkerer

Options
    christy1 said:
    Hi @123Sam_,

Did you try to reinstall the sound drivers. Try it. Go to device manager and make a right click on the sound driver to uninstall it. restart the unit. 

So if I choose the Uninstall button and then restart my laptop, would it somehow make my sound stop working completely or would I have to install the driver again?
  • christy1
    Options
    123Sam_ said:
    christy1 said:
    Hi @123Sam_,

So if I choose the Uninstall button and then restart my laptop, would it somehow make my sound stop working completely or would I have to install the driver again?

If you restart the unit the drivers will reinstall automatically. You dont have to install it separately.  
  • 123Sam_

Tinkerer

Options
    christy1 said:
    123Sam_ said:
    christy1 said:
    Hi @123Sam_,

If you restart the unit the drivers will reinstall automatically. You dont have to install it separately.  

How do I restart the unit after I've uninstalled the High Definition Audio Driver? @christy1
  • christy1
    Options
    Hi @123Sam_,

Sorry for the late replay. Hold the Win key (home key) and X. 

Image result for how to restart the unit in win 10
  • GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    Options
    check audio nd sound settings .
    adjust according to you preference ,
    and make sure  in Start up Program RealTk audio is not.Disbled