Acer Swift 3 SF314-54-59VK, maximum ram?

Options
butteredcorn
butteredcorn Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

I have a SF314-54-59VK manufactured on May 2018: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/NX.GYGAA.001
CPU: i5 8250u
Mobo: KBL Strongbow_KL
Storage: HFS256G39TND-N210A - 256gb SATA ssd

From everything i've read, it looks like my model has 4gb soldered on memory plus 1 x SODIMM slot with 4gb installed by manufacturer, is this correct?

What is the maximum supported SODIMM stick size, 8gb? Has anyone tried a 16gb stick?

I've also been reading that everyone says RAM speed is ddr2133, but the cpu-z screenshot suggest ddr2666..?

Also, does anyone know if HFS256G39TND-N210A is the 2.5mm storage/SATA or the m.2 storage?

Thanks!

Ram CPU-Z screenshot:

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening butteredcorn !

This model supports a maximum of 12Gb of RAM (4GB being integrated into the motherboard and a single slot for up to 8Gb upgrade) So-DIMM DDR4 2133Mhz

As for the SSD it has a M.2 2280 Sata 3 or 3e PCIe 3x4 slot up to 512Gb tested by Acer.

Link for this model: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/SF314-54/NX.GYGAA.001.html

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• sardor544bbcc
    sardor544bbcc Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi, MaClane!
    You sad max speed of RAM is 2133. But I read that max speed of RAM for i5-8250U is 2400 (DDR4) and 2133 (DDR3). I want to upgrade ram. Which mhz can I buy? Thanks!

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    The final RAM speed has 2 basic limits:
    The physical implementation of processor access and the support of chipst controllers.
    In this series, only a maximum support of 2133Mhz appears as stated in the service manual.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!