GPU upgrade PREDATOR g3-710

conadfc
conadfc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone,
I want to upgrade my GPU which is RTX 2060 6GB OC but I am not sure if my motherboard supports it im a noob when it comes to this part, so I might need a bit help from someone if possible please, is it possible to upgrade it or my pc it too old? I'll write down my actuall pc specifics

System Model: Predator G3-710
Proccessor: i7 6700 CPU @3.40 GHZ, 3401 MHZ,4 CORES 
GPU: Ge Force GTX 970
8 GB of RAM
BIOS VERSION (if necessary): American Megatrends Inc. R01-A1 10/7/2015
If there are more informations about my pc required then please let me know as I said im a noob when it comes to this so please help me :)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Yes, you shouldn't have any trouble with that update. You might want to look at a larger power supply. I think you have a 500W supply and I'd be more comfortable with 650W.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • conadfc
    conadfc Member Posts: 2 New User
    @billsey Thank you for your reply. I've changed my mind and decided to buy an 1080 TI MSI ARMOR 11GB OC, (used one), I almost bought it and when we both tried to instaill it on my motherboard, it could fit and everything was okay untill we decided to plug it with power, the 1080ti required more power than my pc had to offer, not sure if im clear enough to explain it, but it was like we pluged it in and there were still more places to fill with power at 1080 gpu, so it turned out that my pc doesnt work with this gpu... Is there any solution about this or I am stuck with my actual gpu :(
  • billsey
    Check to be sure how big your PSU is, it's possible your SKU came with a 300W, then just replace the PSU with a bigger one. I suggest 650W or larger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SubZero0298
    SubZero0298 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

conadfc said:
    @billsey Thank you for your reply. I've changed my mind and decided to buy an 1080 TI MSI ARMOR 11GB OC, (used one), I almost bought it and when we both tried to instaill it on my motherboard, it could fit and everything was okay untill we decided to plug it with power, the 1080ti required more power than my pc had to offer, not sure if im clear enough to explain it, but it was like we pluged it in and there were still more places to fill with power at 1080 gpu, so it turned out that my pc doesnt work with this gpu... Is there any solution about this or I am stuck with my actual gpu :(
    How did you remove your gpu i recently bought a new gpu and i am struggling to take my 970 out of the motherboard  
  • billsey
    @SubZero0298 there should be a plastic latch at the back of the connector, just hold it to the side to release.