Automatic shutting down of my laptop(Acer travelmate 5744)

Umahso
Umahso Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2019 in Aspire Laptops
My Acer travelmate 5744 will automaticall shut down by itself. I checked the fan it seems as if its working. Pls someone should help me

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,813 Trailblazer
    Is it plugged in when it shuts down by itself? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Umahso
    Umahso Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes. Its pluged in. Even when I remove the battery and used it with light. Its still the same
  • JackE
    Shut the machine off. Remove the charger and battery. Open the HDD and RAM doors. Look for a molded protrusion on the inside each door that may be aligned with a spring-loaded normally off switch on the mainboard. This is a safety switch that cuts all power to the mainboard if the doors are removed or misaligned with the switch. If you don't find this safety switch under these doors, you may have to remove the bottom cover to look for a molded protrusion on the bottom cover. When this normally-off switch isn't aligned properly with the protrusion pressing against it to keep it in the on state, it sometimes inadvertently goes into the off state and cuts power when the laptop keyboard or touchpad is being used or physically moved. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Teekay2
    Teekay2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2022
    Hie I'm having the same problem with the travelmate 5744. I've looked everywhere on the motherboard, but I can't find the button.
    Please help. 
  • JackE
    Sorry, the older travelmate series usually doesn't have this safety switch. If it was installed, it would've been located in and around the two RAM sockets

Jack E/NJ