How to -back-up for chromebooks on USB(Acer 15 CB3-532

Options
ALinNYC
ALinNYC Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2019 in Chromebooks
I want to  How to -back-up for Chromebooks on USB. Acer 15 CB3-532- For future reference.
Thanks, Albert

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi!!

@ALinNYC            

Click here to view Acer Support article explaining how to create a Chromebook recovery drive using a local Chrome OS image. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• user944477
    user944477 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm trying to create a Chromebook recovery drive using a local Chrome OS image also. Links above dont work. Can you send new ones?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    This is Google's process:

On a working computer:

1. If you're using a Mac or Windows computer:
      1. If you haven't yet, install Chrome.
      2. Open Chrome Chrome.
      3. Install the recovery extension.
    2. To open the recovery extension:
      1. At the top right of your browser window, click Extensions .
      2. To launch the extension popup, click on the "Chromebook Recovery Utility" extension. If the extension popup doesn't automatically appear on your screen, make sure it's turned on.
    3. Click Get started.
    4. Click Select a model from a list, or type in the model number of the Chromebook you want to recover. To find this number, look at the bottom of the error message on your Chromebook screen.
    5. Click Continue.
    6. Insert your USB flash drive or SD card into the computer.
    7. In the dropdown menu, choose the USB flash drive or SD card you inserted.
    8. Click Continue.
    9. Click Create now.
    10. When you see a message saying that your recovery media is ready, remove the USB flash drive or SD card from the computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.