My Aspire A515-51G is not charging when plugged in but the orange led is blinking

Suryapolu
Suryapolu Member Posts: 2 New User
The laptop is working fine but from few days , the laptop is not charging even when I plugged in a charger .instead , the orange l.e.d is flashing at a rate of 1time/seconds but its not charging .
The charger is working fine , tried with other chargers as well.
Sometimes it charges ,sometimes it doesn't.
Please resolve this as it would be a battery problem or circuit board problem or charger problem.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mustafa41
    Mustafa41 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Same problem can you help me with this 
    led is blinking but laptop not cahring and as soon  as i remove power cord it switch off
  • JackE
    >>>Sometimes it charges ,sometimes it doesn't.>>>

This is exactly what the report shows. The battery charged OK yesterday. What did you do differently than today? Peer inside the laptop's charger jack with a light. There should be one pin conductor exactly in the center. And a slider conductor on the side. It should look something like the image below.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mustafa41

Tinkerer

It has two slider but power cord should be fine bcoz as soon as i unplug charger it switch off
  • Mustafa41

Tinkerer

Tried standard battery reset of acer it by inserting pin in battery socket it didn't worked
  • Mustafa41

Tinkerer

After i used multisim i closed the lid placed the laptop in my bag and then came to my hostel after 
    4hrs i took it out my bag and this started
  • Mustafa41

Tinkerer

Issue resolved the paper clip inserting method in the battery pin didnt worked but opening the backportion nd removing the battery worked
  • JackE
    Congratulations. Good for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ROBIN46
    ROBIN46 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. Jacke OR Mustafa, Can u guys please help me with this ....?
  • JackE
    Remove charger. Try pushing a bit harder the paperclip into the pinhole for about 30 seconds. At the same time, try pushing the power button to help completely drain any residual charges. Then plug the charger back in. The charge light should be steady orange. Then try to turn the laptop on again when the charge light is steady blue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MSyamsunder
    MSyamsunder Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

PLEASE HELP ME, I'M FACING THE SAME ISSUE !!
  • JackE

Your battery has lost about 75% of its capacity. You need a replacement battery pack. Google your "full ACER model number" and "battery" for vendors that ship to your region. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tarakant
    Tarakant Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2021
    Charger is plugged but laptop is not charging. 
    Please help me to solve it. 
  • JackE

This thread is two years old. Please post your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ