Replacing the Thermal Paste In My Acer All-In-One-Desktop-Computer Model Z1801

DrewBriggs
DrewBriggs Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi All,
 Any hints or advice on how to change the thermal paste in my Acer all-in-one-computer Model Z1801. I have completed this task with other computers successfully but looking at the inside of the Z1801 
I am not sure if you use paste or a thermal pad. There is a hydraulic fan on the heat sink which is not to noisy but was wondering if a couple drops of light 3-in-one oil might be good preventive maintenance. 
It looks easy access to remove the 4 screws on the CPU but is the fan, heat sink and copper pipe a single unit? 

Any help would be most appreciated.

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon DrewBriggs !

Unfortunately, Acer's service manuals do not appear on this particular model and / or series.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good evening DrewBriggs !

Is your device still under warranty?
    Depending on the country and region the replacement of thermal paste violates the warranty.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DrewBriggs
    DrewBriggs Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi MaClane,
    This computer has a Bios date of 2011 so we would assume the warranty has expired.
    I can't find any manual or any information online about this model Z1801 All-In-One-Computer which is disappointing when you need some help.

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon DrewBriggs !

Unfortunately, Acer's service manuals do not appear on this particular model and / or series.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™