Mint 19.1 Xfce Not 'Seeing' High Capacity/Capture SDs (On E1-731)

WJB-2
WJB-2 Member Posts: 81 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 20 in 2019 Archives
Mint 19.1 Xfce cannot "see" SD cards somewhere above 32GB on a 2014 ACER Aspire E1-731-4651 that dual boots Windows 10. I own two 32GB cards and two 128GB cards, the latter two having extreme capture, transfer, and application speeds. So it's possible the issue is not capacity, but rather extreme performance. However, all of my SD cards are usable with the laptop's Windows 10 side and also on my 2012 ACER Aspire Z1620 that is solely Mint 19.1 Xfce. I checked ACER's latest Media Card Reader drivers for the E1 and it has the correct one, which dates back to 2015.

Before installing Mint to the laptop I did notice some Media Card Reader failures, but that may have involved a 32GB SD card that soon thereafter went bad. After several days experimenting I can state with certainty the laptop's Xfce OS -- my primary OS -- simply cannot see the 128GB SDs. There is no reaction. No automatic mounting, obviously no need for un-mounting -- just nothing.

Can't find anything similar in the forum so thought I'd see if anyone's ever heard of this type situation. Thanks.