Keeping laptop always plugged in - Nitro AN515-52

archz2
archz2 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have Acer Nitro AN515-52 laptop. Is it okay to keep it always plugged in into the mains power for better performance and good battery life?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,441 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Yes, it's fine to keep connected with mains even after the battery is fully charged, charging will stop once the battery is fully charged, it's not going to affect the battery life.
  • archz2
     brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,
    Yes, it's fine to keep connected with mains even after the battery is fully charged, charging will stop once the battery is fully charged, it's not going to affect the battery life.
    Okay. Thanks.
  • archz2
    Hi. Just a follow up to this query. I have now been using my laptop always since plugged in. Should I also fully drain out to zero percent my battery once in a month for its longevity?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    You should occasionally do a drain/recharge cycle, but don't need to do it frequently. It's more for calibrating the OS battery stats. Whatever makes the best sense to you is a good frequency.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    archz2 said:
    Hi. Just a follow up to this query. I have now been using my laptop always since plugged in. Should I also fully drain out to zero percent my battery once in a month for its longevity?

About every 3 months would be OK but don't drain it to zero, recharge when battery reaches just below 10% and repeat for a total of 3 times. This will reset the calibration of the battery meter.

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★