XB271HU not functioning

Pepega
Pepega Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
I just bought a new XB271HU and was setting it up but found I had some major problems. I am running 2x ASUS 1080p 144hz monitors and this new Acer one was to be the main screen in the centre. I plugged all 3 into my RTX 2080 using DisplayPort and when I powered the computer on the Acer one was flicking on and off non stop. After some fiddling with cables and ports I managed to get the issue to stop by switching he left screen to HDMI. However when I went into Nvidia control panel and changed the Acer monitor from 60hz to 144hz, the issue came back briefly and then now it’s just a permanent black screen.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Pepega said:
    I just bought a new XB271HU and was setting it up but found I had some major problems. I am running 2x ASUS 1080p 144hz monitors and this new Acer one was to be the main screen in the centre. I plugged all 3 into my RTX 2080 using DisplayPort and when I powered the computer on the Acer one was flicking on and off non stop. After some fiddling with cables and ports I managed to get the issue to stop by switching he left screen to HDMI. However when I went into Nvidia control panel and changed the Acer monitor from 60hz to 144hz, the issue came back briefly and then now it’s just a permanent black screen.
    Try the below steps

> Turn off the monitor and unplug all the cables
    > Press and hold the power button for 30 - 40 sec ( Make sure to unplug all the cables )
    > Post this connect only the power cord and test
    > If you get the display then connect only this monitor and not other 2 of your asus.

Once confirmed as monitor working condition. Then download the latest monitor drivers from acer website and update them manually.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer