EMR pen working before touching screen.(acer chromebook spin 11 CP311-1HN.)

KyrinMzia
KyrinMzia Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
Like it says above. I recently bought a new EMR pen. (The one that basically looks like a black pencil with a useless button on top.) And i expected it to work like the one i got with the acer chromebook spin 11 CP311-1HN. The pen that came with the chromebook didn't work until you touched the screen with it making it optimal for both sketching and writing. I brought one of these (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NP.STY1A.012) and the pen activates just being near the screen. Making it absolutely useless. Is there a way to fix this or should i send it back?

Answers

• There's a topic in the German community that I'm trying to find, in which it shows that you have to adjust the tip of the pen! I'm trying to find the topic to post here!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alive_awakened
    alive_awakened Member Posts: 3 New User
    Pull on the tip of the stylus and jiggle it in and out a few times to loosen it up. I found this out by accident when on a chat with Acer support and they asked if the stylus had a spare tip. A lot of these stylii are apparently shipping with the tip stuck in the fully-in position, and pulling it in and out a few times will loosen it up. The stylus is pressure-sensitive (like every Wacom stylus). 
  • alive_awakened This tip was already described in the German community, see: https://community.acer.com/de/discussion/comment/612924#Comment_612924
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RyderPearse
    RyderPearse Member Posts: 4 New User
     B) I have in stock 
This discussion has been closed.