Why ACER don't talk with Microsoft about the windows update issue?

Options
shrikantsiddhey
shrikantsiddhey Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Both Microsoft and Acer knew about the delay in windows update during 1809 version due to hardware compatibility issue (SSD), and now again predator users are facing the same issue with the new feature update1903 version. I got the update for HP laptop within one week of launch, but there is no sign of any feature update for Acer Predator. Acer must talk with Microsoft to solve the issue at earliest. Why should Predator users have to download the update using windows update assistant and iso file? We should get the update using windows update.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning shrikantsiddhey !

Is your device experiencing any SSD compatibility errors?
    I see no problem with using Windows Update updates.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• shrikantsiddhey
    Options
    Hello Mr. Maclane,
    Earlier predator devices didn't get the feature update of windows 1809 version, later it was found out that it was due to hardware incompatibility, and users had to update using external tools such as Windows update assistant, media creation tool or iso file of windows.
    This time again with the 1903 update, users are not getting feature updates directly through windows update. and desperately they have to go again for the external tools. Why this is the case with Acer and not with other companies laptops? This is because other companies coordinate with Microsoft and Acer simply not. Isn't it?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    on my G9-791 i got the 1903 update via Microsoft update.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • shrikantsiddhey
    Options
    IronFly said:
    on my G9-791 i got the 1903 update via Microsoft update.
    Did you get SSD in your laptop?
  • IronFly
    edited June 2019
    Options
    yes
    SAMSUNG 950 Pro M.2 SSD 512gb NVMe MZVPV512
  • shrikantsiddhey
    Options
    IronFly said:
    yes
    SAMSUNG 950 Pro M.2 SSD 512gb NVMe MZVPV512
    I am using Predator PH315-51 with the built-in Kingston SSD. And I haven't got the updates yet.
    I think for PH315-51 users, we will have to do the updates using windows update assistant as there isn't any hope for getting it through Windows Update. 
  • IronFly
    Options
    i understand.
    Honestly, i always prefer to update using the official iso and USB pen drive or...unzip the iso file and run it from the PC itselfs (1903 prefers this way).
  • shrikantsiddhey
    Options
    IronFly said:
    i understand.
    Honestly, i always prefer to update using the official iso and USB pen drive or...unzip the iso file and run it from the PC itselfs (1903 prefers this way).
    I haven't got the update yet. Microsoft said, the update will be delivered to you once compatible with your device.
  • exlaval
    exlaval Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    i have a g9-791 and i am not getting the windows updates, they stopped suddenly
    i have an hp and 2 microsoft tablets and the windows updates work like a charm
    but the acer, tells me i a m missing important updates, it downloads the antivirus updates but the full windows no.
    what do i do to get the latest updates, any help, much appreciated,
    i do have a samsung ssd nvm.e as first drive is this the reason, thanks