BIOS Supervisor password

Options
Aymane
Aymane Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I am currently owning an Acer aspire 5 a515-51G for about 7-8months. I bought it used and it was in a good condition.The problem is,I recently found that the BIOS is locked by a password. I wanted to install Linux and the laptop wasn't booting from the USB stick, I have figured out that I need fo turn on a feature in the BIOS that is responsible for showing the boot menu by pressing F12.That's when I discovered It is locked. I have looked up online and the only way outs are  :
                by shorting some pins called  the CMOS Jumper,but I have to get the service manual for the laptop motherboard (which I couldn't find).
               by removing the CMOS battery that is powering the BIOS for a periode of time.

You can see this video that summaries these : https://youtu.be/scpy4jH6HY4
           Another way can be found in this tutorial: https://youtu.be/0lxwvCu8XJc
 I tried it,the website gave me an unlock password for the code provided to me in the unlock screen,but it says its incorrect when I type it. The unlock password can be easily obtained from an Acer service,but I have found other people facing the same problem and Acer employees always advice them to go to the nearest Acer Authorized repair service.There is no one in the area where I live.

Can someone provide me with the service guide for the motherboard please?
Can you please help me get through this? 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night Aymane !

First, it is not allowed to share in the forum any methods on change, modification in Bios or removal of passwords of any kind.
    Only Acer has the right software and media to fix this problem.
    In this case you will have to send your device to technical support.
    As for the service manual it is not made available to the end user.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi Aymane,

Unfortunately we do not allow/provide direct support or discuss any steps on unlocking BIOS passwords or bypassing of security features. (Please check/ review our Acer Community User Agreement

We recommend contacting your local Acer support for better assistance: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/partner-bali

Note: We will be closing this thread. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Harvey
    Smile :)