XB273k Monitor - Cant change nits brightness on any mode

Options
Fidai
Fidai Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Cant change nits brightness on any mode, tried to reset settings two times with no luck. The problem is present on both display port and HDMI, i get this message everytime i press the nits brightness button " This function is not available". Bought the monitor three days ago, tried to contact Acer live chat but after i wasted 30 min there came out with zero help :(.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Fidai said:
    Cant change nits brightness on any mode, tried to reset settings two times with no luck. The problem is present on both display port and HDMI, i get this message everytime i press the nits brightness button " This function is not available". Bought the monitor three days ago, tried to contact Acer live chat but after i wasted 30 min there came out with zero help :(.
    Have you connected the device with desktop or Playstation. If its connected to playstation or Xbox there might be limitations. But if this happens with desktop then try to uninstall the monitor drivers and install the one provided in acer website.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Fidai
    Fidai Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @Rudy21, thx for the reply but i already gave back the monitor. Never in my life experienced so bad support like i did today with Acer.
  • gjc
    gjc Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Fidai said:
    @Rudy21, thx for the reply but i already gave back the monitor. Never in my life experienced so bad support like i did today with Acer.
    This is just so sad.
  • Point312
    Point312 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I figured this out after a few calls to Acer zero help they wanted me to ***** the monitor back. When it’s on Xbox one x if you have the hdr 10 enabled on the Xbox it locks you out of the settings. I’m not sure why but turn it off and you can adjust everything. The only thing I can’t figure out is how to get the frames per second to work... hope that helps cause I know Acer techs don’t know the product good enough to help.
  • KrisL
    KrisL Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just experienced this after a few days of tinkering with the new monitor, setting up on my desktop and getting it the way I wanted. If you happen to experience this on Windows 10, May want to check the Display settings. There is a switch called "Play HDR games and apps", which if you enable it disables some of the controls for the monitor settings, including the nits scale. Hope that helps.