Isuues in acer swift 3 SF315-52G

Naresh_5131
Naresh_5131 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have recently bought an Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G. I really like this laptop but i'm experiencing certain bugs in it which i really find annoying:
1. I'm having issues with changing screen brightness. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Shutdown solves this problem occasionally and a restart solves it most of the time. Really annoying
2. Trackpad sometimes freezes. Using F7 to turn off and on solves the issue.
3. I'm having a Bluetooth earphones. When it is connected to the laptop and the earphone's volume control is synchronized with the media volume changing volume via any means in the system doesn't simply work.
  • Only changes when volume buttons are pressed in the earphones itself.
  • Sometimes while media is playing in the built-in speakers and the earphones are connected, the system plays audio via the handsfree profile instead of stereo. Of course it can be changed in the volume panel but sometimes when switched to the stereo profile like this, there is no sound output on that profile. Only handsfree profile works.
  • Screen flickering occurs every time a Bluetooth device or some peripherals are connected. Also freezes the brightness controls sometimes .
  • Battery levels of the connected Bluetooth device never shows in the Settings app or anywhere else. Using third-party apps to do this job work.(it uses intel wireless ac 7265 card)
I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903.
(this might be an long list. apologies🙁. Hope someone from Acer clarify these issues)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    What was the factory-installed operating system if any? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Naresh_5131
    Yes. There was Windows 10 1803 Home (or 1709) installed
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    OK. Back up your personal files. Then try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory refresh while trying to save your personal files. If a refresh fails, then try an ALT+F10 erase-everything cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If the factory reset also fails, then there is a likely hardware failure. In this case, the machine should be quickly returned to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's return merchandise period expires or scheduled for ACER-certified warranty repair service. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Naresh_5131
    OK. Thanks for your help.
  • miran_da_bear
    miran_da_bear Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    I had these issues when I first bought this laptop in January. With the new windows and nVidia updates, it went away. I only have the touch pad issue so far. 
  • Naresh_5131
    Can you tell me which Windows 10 build were you using??