Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Swift 3 (SF 315-52-876Q) plugged in not charging...……..yep, another one.

Bought this about 9-10 months ago. Everything ok until...………….about 2 weeks ago I noticed the battery not charging. Just assumed it was "doing its thing" and would charge later. Forgot about it but now battery below 1% and not charging. Tried switch off, remove a/c plug and press reset underneath, wait about 10 mins, powerup and...... yep, no charge. Removed battery services in Device Manager and powered off. Reset thru pinhole again. Wait...……...Power on...………….battery still not charging. Tried " batcmdcom" fixes and still no go. My battery seems to be non removable, but I do have access to the necessary tools to open the lptp and remove and clean the battery and connector but I don't want to void any warranty.

Any procedure I've missed or misread or button sequence wrongly followed????

Thanx

Comments

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,217ACE Trailblazer
    edited June 15
    Hi,
    Could you please install HWmonitor and post the snip of Battery section, You could also check the AC adapter cables and if possible get it checked at a local repair shop and make sure it's not faulty.

• newhitnewhit Posts: 5Member New User
    Hope this is what you mean...……….

Hmmmmmm……………………It says 19v on the brick but what I've just sent you shows less than 14v. New brick needed???

Thanx for your time.

No problem, yes it's better to get it checked and replace it if necessary.

Yep, got to go with that. A new brick is the first and quickest change. Hope ACER agree. If I get a temporary stand-in what's the betting my ACER Support reply requesting a replacement brick will be …….............…

"We are very sorry ...….but!"

Once again, thanx for your reply.

New battery...…...QED.

Again, thanx for your response brummyfan2

newhit said:

New battery...…...QED.

Again, thanx for your response brummyfan2

You are welcome :)