Acer Aspire turns off randomly when using for 5 minutes

Options
IvanHooper
IvanHooper Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire AXC-703-ES52 Desktop. One of my close friends gave me the computer after he replaced it. It originally shipped with Windows 10 Home, Pentium J2900, 4GB DDR3, and a 1TB HDD.

My unit has been upgraded to 8GB DDR3 (if that somehow helps).

I've been having a very unusual problem with my unit, where if I turn it on, it boots to Windows 10, and onto my desktop. I open the start menu and it goes to a blue screen saying "Please Wait..." and then goes into Sleep mode, I assume. I turn it back on and it goes back to where I left off, and only works for 5 minutes including startup time. 

I need this machine for work purposes, mainly using Microsoft Office. 

I have reinstalled Windows multiple times with no difference.

Is there anything I can try?

Thanks, Ivan Hooper

Answers

• IvanHooper
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I also read that serial numbers can help? Mine is: *************

Edited by,
    Acer-Harvey.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm assuming your Windows reinstalls were done from scratch without trying to keep your old files and apps? If so then it's likely not a Windows problem, but a problem with the computer. You can verify that to a certain extent by booting in Safe Mode which disables all third party apps an services. If it runs stably in safe then it's a software issue, likely with drivers for some bit of hardware. If it still crashes then it's hardware and time to dig in deeper, by removing everything extraneous and booting to only a minimal environment.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IvanHooper
    Options
    @billsey If it still crashed in safe mode, what should I remove on the hardware side?
  • billsey
    Options
    If still crashing in Safe Mode I'd disconnect everything except the keyboard mouse and monitor first, the look at what else might be optional. WiFi card maybe? GPU card?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IvanHooper
    Options
    @billsey
    Thank you, but all of a sudden I have a new problem. After I stopped using it for a couple days, it doesn't do its normal beep at the startup nor does it show anything on the display. This is turning into an issue lol
  • billsey
    Options
    More and more looking like a growing problem with the core of your system. :( No beep at startup along with no POST display sounds like it's not able to boot into POST and that's a "bad thing". Try removing the GPU card, connecting your monitor to the onboard video and see if it'll boot into BIOS from there. If still the same issue try removing the CMOS battery for fifteen minutes, then reinstalling and rebooting. If all that fails we're likely looking at the motherboard and that means it's likely better to just get a replacement rather than trying to resurrect this one...