EOTF

usernamesssss
usernamesssss Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Why do you guys put out monitor drivers for windows 10 that suppress the Wide Color Gamut. I bought a Acer Predator XB27X3 ($1300 4k HDR10 144hz display) & acer website driver put my screen in a crappy sRGB mode instead of the beautiful EOTF=  BT-1886/RGB444-BT2020 color space why in the hell would anybody ever want to run in sRGB when the non-HDR BT1886 is available you guys need to remove that driver ASAP or update it to include the correct profile the sRGB one is garbage

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    usernamesssss i think your referring to the XB273K monitor right? anyhow i don't see that's a driver its more like a color profile setting but if you don't like the one Acer has available from the page, i will suggest to just uninstall it or don't use it and create your own prefer settings.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• usernamesssss
    usernamesssss Member Posts: 2 New User
    I think you were right but weird thing is windows saw it as a driver. I uninstalled it seemed to fix the issue after 2 reboots