VG270UP flickering Iissue - innolux panel

robertogl
robertogl Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

it appears  that all the monitors with the same Innolux panel (27 inches, 1440p, IPS, 144Hz) suffer of random flickering. That is the case of the VG270UP, VG271UP and XV272UP for Acer.
I've found similar post on this community about the issue, but none of them has a solution.

Acer, do you have more information about the problem?

Thank you.

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @robertogl

Try doing a power drain, by press and holding the power button for about 30 secs. also do a monitor self test by  plugging the power cable alone and turn on the monitor, after acer logo if the display flickers then it is something to do with the hardware of the monitor. if the display appears to be normal then the issue might be with graphics card of the computer.

Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• robertogl
    Hi @Du_little

I don't even have the monitor yet. Reports of flickering are all over internet (well, where we talk about monitors). I'm not buying it because of the issue.
    You can find reports also here, on the Acer community, of the same issue.

A lot of people are sending back the monitor to Acer, just to get a monitor with the same issue. It does not depend on the card, as we have reports from Nvidia, AMD, or Intel owner.

Roberto
  • robertogl
    Hi,

just here to keep the thread alive.

Roberto
  • Have you tried lowering the monitor refresh rate? Are you using an hdmi or dp cable?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • robertogl
    Hi,

the issue is not related to cables or monitor settings. You can find here a lot of reports from the VG270UP, but also from all the Acer monitors with the Innolux panel (links to just the Acer community, but you can go over to reddit for example and check also there):
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/567214/acer-nitro-vg270u-27
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/562421/having-flickering-artifacting-issues-with-my-new-acer-nitro-vg270upbmiipx
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/652757
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/647618
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/647567

People have sent the display back to Acer just to get back a display with the same issue. Happens with HDMI or DP, happens at every refresh rate (but well, it should not happen even at 144Hz, as the monitor is advertise as 144Hz capable).

We just want to know that Acer is looking into this, the problem is that the issue is present from Day 1 with this panel. In case of the VG270UP, this means 8 months ago, and not a single word from Acer about the issue.

Regards,

Roberto
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    I checked that you participate in the discord community too! If I'm not mistaken, Acer has released a fix through a firmware for this notebook model! However, you must contact Acer technical support!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • robertogl
    Hi,

yes, I'm on the discors channel too. There are some reports of this 'fantomatic' new firmware, but none of the people that sent the display to Acer got back a working unit. So I don't think that it actually exists.

Regards,

Roberto
  • About the firmware, you can either ask directly for technical support !, or by sending a private message to the moderator Acer-Manny! Now, does this flicker occur when you disable freesync?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• robertogl
    Hi,

yes, it occurs with freesync enabled or disabled. No difference.
    I will contact Acer-Manny, but I'm pretty sure that no firmware exists with the fix.

Regards,

Roberto
  • It looks like there is a new firmware version for this monitor, see: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/658930/#Comment_658930
    However, it looks like they are replacing the monitor hardware! Can you still replace the monitor with the seller?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• robertogl
    Hi,

if you look at the answers by Antoine008 (that got the new hardware) on the same thread, he says the new unit still has the same flickering issue.

Regards,

Roberto
  • robertogl
    Hi,

Acer-Manny suggested me to change the panel. As other users reported, this is not a solution at the moment, so I'm still waiting for some new informations from Acer.

Regards,

Roberto
  • Have you contacted Acer technical support directly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• robertogl
    Hi,

yes, I'm having a conversation also with the Acer support, but at the moment the only answers are 'Did you send back the display?' or 'We don't know any problem on this monitor', so nothing usefull.

Roberto
  • I think it's very likely a problem on the display, but have you tried disabling overclock on the monitor if this option is available?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• robertogl
    Hi,

it is a problem with all the same Innolux panels, like I said. I'm going to continue asking Acer about it. The reports of different users are here, it is NOT a single unit that shows the issue.

Regards,
    Roberto
  • Can you tell me the idhardware of this monitor? Example of how to check the idhardware of a device:

That way, we would have more information accessing the site panelook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Remember that the CRU program should be used with caution as it may violate the hardware warranty!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• robertogl
    Hi,

the issue happens also with Freesync disabled, so I don't think that the proposed solution can help.

As Hardware ID, I got confirmation of 'MONITOR\ACR06CF'.

Regards,
    Roberto
  • Have you checked the link above using the CRU program? Try searching for more information about CRU and flickering on google!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer