VG270UP / XV272UP Flickering Issue. All innolux panels affected? Acer please respond.

Options
mattzildjian
mattzildjian Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi Acer

I am at my wits end, I really want to enjoy the VG270UP monitor but even after replacing it once there is still flickering.

Every Acer response to this issue has been to send it for RMA for panel replacement.
I have seen way too many reports of this across various monitors all using the same innolux panel that it seems an issue with the panel itself.

Please can you release a statement or display some acknowledgement that this is a known issue and stop people going through a completely useless return and replacement process only to have the same issue again.

I am now about to return my monitor yet again after flickering today was very frequent.
There is no alternative on the market right now with similar specs at the same price, all I want is a monitor that works.
Can you understand the frustration when I am told by Acer to send it for repair after having just received it new and then the replacement having the same issue? It seems all the replacements in the world is not going to solve an inherent panel defect.

I want to enjoy your product Acer please help me do that. What should I do?
Perhaps a firmware update or a newer updated batch of innolux panels would have the issue resolved, do you know if this happening?

Thanks,

Matt

Answers

• welp01
    welp01 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    returned mine for same reason, i am not satisfied with their response. So much potential destroyed by bad qc
  • Zafir
    Zafir Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same issue, returning the one I got due to this issue and another issue with freesync not working properly. 
  • MechDragon
    MechDragon Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Returned vg270up, bought xv272up. Same problem.
    I have already tried three monitors from the Nitro series. What should I do? Send them one by one to the service center?
  • tom6561
    tom6561 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue, waiting for a response from Acer support.
  • excuse_you
    excuse_you Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    tom6561 said:
    I have the same issue, waiting for a response from Acer support.
    I have the same issue... What would u suggest? Should I just return it? I received it today. And I saw it only once