Acer Aspire E5-471P-36E6 (Touch) LCD has no light

yanabee
yanabee Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, just want to know if anyone encountered an issue with an E5 Series laptop LCD that is just dark. I can still see everything if I flash a light on it. Even the touch digitizer functions okay but I just can't see anything clear so I had to connect it to an external monitor and it works fine, I can use it. I brought it to a repair center once but they said this product no longer manufacture a replacement LCD and can't replace it with just a non-touch LCD due to it's connector. 

Please let me know of any options/suggestions you may have for this situation. Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>> I can still see everything if I flash a light on it.>>>an external monitor and it works fine>>>

Two very good signs that it's only the video cable, not the LCD, particularly if you have a habit of opening and closing the lid a lot. The cable usually develops conductor breaks in the congested hinge area from lid overuse. They often cut off the LED backlight and inverter board. Simply google keywords 'e5-471p video cable' for vendors convenient for you. Usually less than $20. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yanabee

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>> I can still see everything if I flash a light on it.>>>an external monitor and it works fine>>>

Two very good signs that it's only the video cable, not the LCD, particularly if you have a habit of opening and closing the lid a lot. The cable usually develops conductor breaks in the congested hinge area from lid overuse. They often cut off the LED backlight and inverter board. Simply google keywords 'e5-471p video cable' for vendors convenient for you. Usually less than $20. Jack E/NJ

Thank you, JackE. I will go ahead and try this. Hopefully this is available in my country or can be shipped to my country. 
    I'll update again once I have applied your suggestion. Thanks again and have a nice day. :)
  • JackE
    Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yanabee

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Good luck. Jack E/NJ
    The part you recommended just arrived (I ordered it via Amazon US) and it took several months to be shipped here in the Philippines. 

I'll get it to repair centre this week and hopefully all will be well.
    I'll update once repairs are done.

Thanks again for your help.
  • JackE
    Wow. Over 3 months for delivery! Was it free shipping? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yanabee

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Wow. Over 3 months for delivery! Was it free shipping? Jack E/NJ
    The vendor wasn't really shipping to the Philippines. Had to ask someone I know in the US. He received it after a month and another month and a half to reach here. 😂

I got impatient and bought a Helios but I'm still fixing the Aspire E5. 
  • Leo_2020
    Leo_2020 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I followed your advise however the back still doesn't work... looks like this is either the screen chip or the actual backlight. or is it possible that this has something to do with the folding mechanism that turns off the backlight?
  • JackE
    This thread is over 2 years old. Please start your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question  button.

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.