ACER TC-710 rear USB 3.0 port not working

Numbers
Numbers Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
In one of the rear USB 3.0 ports I had my wireless adapter for mouse/keyboard plugged in. I then inserted a metal USB drive into the one next to it. Almost immediately the USB port occupied by my mouse/keyboard stopped working.

All other ports work except the front ones which I disconnected the cable powering them in order to make room for my video card are working. It appears the USB 3.0 port that is not working has short circuited. I have tried powering computer off and on. Unplug power cable and holding down power button/pressing repeatedly to release any static charge built up. I also uninstalled one USB of the drivers in device manager. I inspected the port and there does not appear to be any physical damage or material inside. Also went to power saver settings and disabled selective USB setting. Unfortunately none of this works.

Does anyone have a suggestion or is this port just unusable for good as it’s connected to motherboard?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Numbers !

For all the tests you performed, the ideal would be to use a USB tester or a multimeter and check if there are voltage cehagndo at the terminals.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!