No microphone detected.

Options
MikeMickey
MikeMickey Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Switch One 10 {SW1-011-19FT} and for some reason the microphone is not detected.

No mic appears in the Device Manager list.

No mic appears at the Recording tab in Sound {show disable and disconnected devices is on}.

So, where is the mic?

Any advice and good ideas are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK. Uninstall ALL drivers in the Audio I/O & Sound etc folders. Exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Then reboot the machine to let Windows auto redetect the hardware and re-install the drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    Do you have a headset to see if its mike appears? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MikeMickey

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi JackE.

I tried plugging some external mic and were not recognized or detected either.

Thanks for your comment.
  • JackE
    Options
    Not a good sign. Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If not, click on Device Manager's 'sound, video etc controllers' folder. What do you see listed in the sub-folders. Posting a screenshot would help if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MikeMickey

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello JackE.

Attached is the "Device Manager" and "Recording" windows.  It shows not problems but no mic either.

Any idea?

Thanks.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK. Uninstall ALL drivers in the Audio I/O & Sound etc folders. Exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Then reboot the machine to let Windows auto redetect the hardware and re-install the drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MikeMickey

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks so much JackE.  That solved the issue.
    The mic icon appeared and have a working mic.

• JackE
    Options
    Congrats!  =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• cptelbow
    cptelbow Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    A little nervous about doing this.  I have the exact same thing as above. There is output audio, but no input.  When you say delete all drivers in the sound/audio folders, there is only the one. If I delete, windows will automatically detect it and reinstall when I reboot?
  • JackE
    Options
      >>>A little nervous about doing this.>>>If I delete, windows will automatically detect it and reinstall when I reboot?>>>

Who knows? Windows might actually fix the problem after rebooting. Then again, it might not. But if you're only a little nervous and a little adventuresome, you should try it and find out!  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    Worst case is you'd have to download and install the drivers from the Acer support site.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MatsuoshiNaru
    MatsuoshiNaru Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I tried your solution but external mic icon won't appear at all. OEM microphone
  • JackE
    Options
    This thread is over a year old. Please start your own thread for better attention. Include your full ACER model number. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ