Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

why cant i lower my brightness?

I have dealt with this problem a longgg time, and since i just get frustrated about it, I decided to ask for help. I tried everything but nothing works! I am certainly not happy, and also I tried the buttons, and I just get the idea its from the windows 10! I have windows 10 sooo. Pls help ASAP!!

Best Answer

• seerraseerra Posts: 31 Die Hard
    Accepted Answer
    I also had the same issue and created a post regarding the problem. It was resolved thankfully. Follow the link:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/566378/swift-sf315-41-not-able-to-reduce-the-brightness-after-windows-and-graphic-driver-update#latest  

The question is when this started, may be after windows and driver update. If that is the case, you may try to roll back the driver and see if it resolves the glitch. Also check the graphic driver does not have multiple user file (multiple folder of driver, or file left after last uninstall) in your c drive as it may be one of the cause. 
    If this all doesn't help you, write back with more info such as system you are using (Intel/AMD powered) and graphic card. And things you have already tried so we can come up with a better resolution coordinately.

FAQ & Answers

• seerraseerra Member Posts: 31 Die Hard
    Accepted Answer
    I also had the same issue and created a post regarding the problem. It was resolved thankfully. Follow the link:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/566378/swift-sf315-41-not-able-to-reduce-the-brightness-after-windows-and-graphic-driver-update#latest  

The question is when this started, may be after windows and driver update. If that is the case, you may try to roll back the driver and see if it resolves the glitch. Also check the graphic driver does not have multiple user file (multiple folder of driver, or file left after last uninstall) in your c drive as it may be one of the cause. 
    If this all doesn't help you, write back with more info such as system you are using (Intel/AMD powered) and graphic card. And things you have already tried so we can come up with a better resolution coordinately.
  • tamarttamart Member Posts: 3 New User
    the brightness button works but the screen wont get lower

• seerraseerra Member Posts: 31 Die Hard
    edited June 2019
    Yes I had the same issue, the fn key works and also tried lowering it from settings but their is no change in brightness. And have you tried the steps?
  • tamarttamart Member Posts: 3 New User
    i did everything but i dont know how to check the graphic driver.