TC-780 not turning on

Options
thesunshinesxyz
thesunshinesxyz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
My Acer TC-780 is not turning on. The power supply works on another computer. I've replace the motherboard's battery with a certified working battery. No lights appear on the board when plugged in.
Any suggestions on what might be the problem is appreciated.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You've already done the first step, to verify the power supply works at all by testing in another box. Next step is to see if the power switch is working. If you have a VOM then test between the two leads. With the switch pressed you should have pretty much a dead short, with the button released it should be open. In the process you'll also verify the switch is still plugged into the motherboard where it's supposed to go, and removing then replacing it should deal with any corrosion that might be building up in the connector. If the switch is working and the power is working that just leaves the motherboard as the last link, hopefully you'll get it sorted before we get to there...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thesunshinesxyz
    thesunshinesxyz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thank you billsey!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Keep us informed...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.