Display widget for ET430K monitor

anonymous99
anonymous99 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Acer display widget says "Selected monitor not supported" for my monitor. Any Other compatible software available for this ? Shouldn't all Acer monitors be supported for Display widget ?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer âś“
    No, Display Widget is only for monitors with some specific features. It doesn't support most monitor models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer âś“
    No, Display Widget is only for monitors with some specific features. It doesn't support most monitor models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • anonymous99
    anonymous99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is disappointing to say the least.
  • bdm4350
    bdm4350 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've just purchased the same monitor, and have just found out it's not supported. To make matters worse is that the widget is advertised in the colour-profile download for the ET430K!🙄

Acer doesn't even make it clear what series of monitor are supported. Having to buy the monitor to check that it is supported isn't good enough. This is the first Acer product I've owned, and I'm far from impressed. My last monitor supported adjusting settings from an App (it appears this one does, but the developers can't be bothered to add it).

Due to having the screen mounted, the controls on the back of the panel aren't easy to access. Which is going to be a deal breaker and I think I will return it.

• Shawt
    Shawt Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello I just bought XF270HUA monitor and was hoping that the widget will works...Can you please add this model to compatibility. It looks like it should work, manu looks the same. It should not be that difficult. Dell app suport 5 years old models! This is just lazzines from Acer. 
  • kclubb
    kclubb Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would like to second my disappointment that the ET430K is not supported. There is a lot of potential. What I would like is an API that I can use to control the monitor if the Widget is not compatible. Since the Widget can control I would think there must be some kind of protocol we can use. Open up the API!