Acer Nitro AN515-54 - Keyboard backlight

willv
willv Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Add a way to keep the keyboard backlight on? They keys are impossible to see without it. I'll be your best friend.

Nitro AN515-54

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night willv !

What version of your Bios?
    Have you checked whether the option is enabled?

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditordbfps7nvift40wpng

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019
    There was a BIOS update to address this problem for most other Nitro 5 models but I just checked your support page and there isn't one for your model so I can only presume it is already built into your BIOS before shipping so try the method below to check if the Keyboard light on off feature is available on your model.
    Restart your notebook and tap F2 repeatedly during startup this will boot you into the BIOS setup, under the General tab you should find Keyboard Lighting Timeout Disable/Enable, select Disable then press F10 to save and exit.
    Note it will still timeout on Battery but stay on on AC Power

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• willv
    I have checked my BIOS, and the keyboard lighting timeout option does not exist for this model number. There seems to be no other option other than Acer pushing a fix.

Acer, if you will fix this I will be your best friend! I just bought this computer today and I really want to like it!
  • willv
    Also, I don't know how to determine the number of my BIOS.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019
    willv said:
    I have checked my BIOS, and the keyboard lighting timeout option does not exist for this model number. There seems to be no other option other than Acer pushing a fix.

Acer, if you will fix this I will be your best friend! I just bought this computer today and I really want to like it!
    Sorry that it isn't there but I know Acer are working on BIOS updates on all their models in order to address this issue, I guess they haven't got round to your model yet. Keep checking here for a BIOS update for your model https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7964?b=1
    When it comes out there will be a Tab + BIOS

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning !

If there really is not this option, the Acer team is already performing some updates gradually in the series of models to realize that change that even was directed to Energy Star.

Whenever you can from a verified on the support page of your template to see if the change has already been released:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7964?b=1#_ga=2.201314156.376066701.1559903850-222446091.1559903850

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• rwernyei
    rwernyei Member Posts: 1 New User
    willv,

I have the Acer Nitro 5 515-54-51M5 and BIOS v.1.05 installed.  In my BIOS, I have Keyboard Lighting Timeout: Disabled but still does not work.  Only workaround I found is to use NITROSENSE, in the upper right there is a gear icon for settings click it and it will reveal Advanced Settings under Keyboard Settings there is a Backlight off after 30 seconds setting uncheck it and you're good to go.  Another gem of a program I found was CRU Custom Resolution Utility. https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
    Using this utility I was able to get 101Hz refresh rate.

I love my gaming laptop!