Need copy of Windows 7 Home Premium OA

FallenAnjel
FallenAnjel Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 20 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire 7741z-4839 from 2012.  Second Hard drive failure so put a new hard drive in but need a copy of windows. Last time I downloaded it from Microsoft.  well I can't seem to do that anymore.  ms says I have to get it from the manufacture.   well that's stupid because I downloaded it from MS at least twice before.    I talked to some chat and the guy is telling me i can't download from MS because I need the OEM media?  wTH does that mean?   why would I need that?   I've been using the laptop for 5 years after downloading it from MS and installing the drivers myself.   

If anyone knows how to get a copy of windows 7 sp1 that would be awesome. I have my product key, just need win7.   Thanks. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night FallenAnjel !

Acer does not provide virtual copies of its OEM system.
    Only the copy that is on the recovery partition of your device.
    Some license versions are only enabled on OEM systems and do not work on standard Microsoft ISOs.
    In this case, you must contact Acer and send the device for reinstallation of the OEM system.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• FallenAnjel
    FallenAnjel Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I'm putting the third hard drive in.  the original died a year after i got it.  (it got infected from a thumb drive I was swapping back and forth when fixing a friend's computer).   I d/l the OS from microsoft, used rufus and installed it no problem.  installed all the drivers and have been using that hard drive for 7 years now.   Now I need another hard drive because I think it's failing.  I cannot download from MS anymore.   
    but it's ok, I found the disc with windows 7 that I d/l from MS seven years ago.