Need help - Broke the small thread on the top of Hard disk while opening back cover of Acer Nitro 5

Options
paddy1989
paddy1989 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I have a Acer NITRO Gaming notebook (model AN515‑42) which is still under warranty. I opened the back cover but I forgot to disconnect the hard drive. So, the small connecting metal thread on the hard disk head got broken. I know the warranty is void now.

Can anyone please tell how much I will get charged from Acer centre. Or it better to get it repaired from local shop as warranty is not applicable in any case.

I am from Bangalore, India. Tried reasoning with Acer support as it was my 2nd Acer machine but they refused to give me any waiver. Thanks!

Why I opened the backcover? I had a problem with the headphone not getting detected and I urgently needed the headphone functionality as I had my own website to be published. So, I registered a ticket with Acer help. But, the support guy didn't come evern after 24 hours. So, I though of checking it myself (a genuine foolish mistake and ignorance from my end).