Why doesn't my laptop find my external monitor?

Options
kingnequil
kingnequil Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 23 in 2020 Archives
I have an Aspire A515-51 Laptop. I also have an Acer H226HQL external monitor. Now through conventional means I would usually plug the hdmi cable from the monitor into the laptop, go into my display settings, and click detect and the monitor is supposed to connect but it doesn't work for me. I have to go through my Intel Graphic settings, multiple displays, and detect from there. Why doesn't my laptop detect my monitor the regular way?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night kingnequil !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Have you tried other cables?
    What version of the cable are you using?
    Have you already tried the "Windows Key + P" command?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• RLD513
    RLD513 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I'm having this same issue, but it won't even detect it through the Intel Graphic settings. Yes, everything is plugged in and powered on. It's a Dell E2417H external monitor. The DisplayPort to HDMI cable is connected on both ends. I've downloaded the driver for the monitor. What's the issue?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening RLD513 !

To keep the forum organized and your question to have greater visibility, please avoid posting on topics already solved, opened by other users or inactive.
    Always open a new post, just as it was guided by the moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that I guide you there for any questions.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!