Swift 3: Secondary Drive (WDC HDD) not appearing in File Explorer / Disk Management

Answers

• I agree with you @JackE! Probably the IRST program asked the user to click OK and ended up turning the hd into recovery volume!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • blvtzpk
    blvtzpk Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Thanks for your replies.

However, I’m not sure what to do at this point. Should I 

(a) open the notebook and re-seat the connection between the HDD and the mainboard?

or 

(b) disconnect the HDD and format it on another computer?

I’m sorry that I cannot recall if I clicked on an ‘OK’ prompt from the IRST program. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    I think you should first simply disconnect the HDD. Then see if the laptop still boots. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• blvtzpk
    Thanks for your responses, but what would be my best course of action at this point:

(a) re-seat the HDD

or

(b) remove the HDD and reformat it?
  • blvtzpk
    Sorry for the previous post...I didn’t see that we’d gone to Page 2, and I didn’t think my post from earlier today was posted.

It’s night here, so I’ll wait until tomorrow or the weekend to disassemble the notebook.

When I’ve tried disconnecting and re-seating, and attempt restarting the computer, I’ll post again and tell you what’s happened.

Keep your eyes peeled! ;)
  • Ok! Post the result here!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • blvtzpk
    JackE said:
    I think you should first simply disconnect the HDD. Then see if the laptop still boots. Jack E/NJ 
    I’ve disconnected the HDD and the computer boots up. Here are some screen for you:

• blvtzpk
    edited June 2019

[Edited the image as Serial Number was display. Acer - David]

What should i do now? Reformat and reinstall the HDD?
  • blvtzpk
    I’ve been able to access the detached HDD drive. It shows the HDD as a drive of 118GB (when it’s actually a 1TB drive).

• blvtzpk
    Another question is this:

Should IRST be uninstalled so that problems don’t happen again?
  • blvtzpk
    blvtzpk said:
    I’ve been able to access the detached HDD drive. It shows the HDD as a drive of 118GB (when it’s actually a 1TB drive).

By the way, I checked on the detached HDD using my desktop computer. It seems to be a mirror of the notebook’s C: drive.
  • Can you show the disk manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blvtzpk
    edited June 2019
    Can you show the disk manager?

The disk manager on the notebook?
  • blvtzpk
    edited June 2019
    Here is a screenshot of the device manager from the notebook (HDD detached).

• I would like to see the IRST help section! Also, have you checked that hd is recognized on another computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blvtzpk
    I think this is what you want:

• The problem is that hd is appearing with 0gb! Have you already tested the hd on another computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blvtzpk
    Also, have you checked that hd is recognized on another computer?
    Yes, the HDD is recognized by the other (desktop) computer. I attached it to my desktop using an hdd hub, connected with a USB cable. Pictures of the File Manager screens showing the notebook HDD (now attached to the desktop PC) can be seen above.
  • Have you tried formatting the hd on another computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blvtzpk
    The problem is that hd is appearing with 0gb! Have you already tested the hd on another computer?
    What you’re seeing in the IRST screen above is the notebook with the HDD *detached* - it is currently not connected to the notebook.

i currently have the hdd connected to my desktop and i’m backing up the data from the HDD to another HDD