How do I get this monitor to stay on and not fall asleep...and more...

Bobito
Bobito Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I just bought a brand new Mac mini. My initial OS install was bad. I have to do an Internet Recovery, which basically downloads the entire OS again from Apple. I live in the boonies of West Virginia and am on a slow DSL line for internet. So downloading the 2.54Gb OS is taking 6 hours (yeah, I know it's crazy, but DSL is our only ISP connection in this neck of the woods). Anyway, I keep coming back into the room to check my computer to see how far along my download is coming and this monitor keeps falling sleep. How do I set it so it stays on constantly? I don't want the monitor to fall asleep AT ALL. My Energy Saver in my Mac's System Preferences is set to "Turn display off after: NEVER"...so I know my Mac is not doing this.

Also, I have bought a brand new HDMI cable and have my monitor (Acer Model #CB281HK) and Mac mini connected with it, but for some reason when I boot up, my monitor screen is black and will sometimes flash "Input Not Supported" on the screen. I have the Setting: Input set for HDMI. I don't know what's going on.

The other thing that is really bothering me is that the downloadable PDF manual for this monitor doesn't really tell you what any of the Setting controls do. What is DDC/CI? What is OD?

HELP!!!!!