Aspire R3 - unable to factory reset. PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GO INSANE!

RhiP
RhiP Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All.

I have an Acer Aspire R3, model N15W5.  Have had it about a year or so and it was fine at first but quickly became apparent that you can't really have any programs installed and keep up with Windows 10 updates due to the lack of storage and inability to up the storage capacity.

So I decided to sell it.  It's good for anyone who just wants to browse the net and it's still got resale value at the mo.  However, I cannot factory rest, no matter what I try.  I have spent HOURS and HOURS trying different things I've found on forums.  I have tried the normal reset from control panel, factory reset from startup menu, making a recovery disc etc.  I have also tried deleting stuff to free up the space to reset but cannot get past about 6GB free and need 8GB I think.

I have tried EVERYTHING and I am at the point of smashing it on the patio.  I don't want it anymore but can't sell it without wiping it because of normal security concerns.

PLEASE somebody help me.  I am happy to do drastic things that will wipe data because I have nothing stored on it that I want.  Just need to reset it and get it out of my house!!!

All help appreciated :-)

Rhi