Acer Aspire E 17/ Windows 10 reset/ TPM

LighthouseNL
LighthouseNL Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Aspire E 17 laptop did not run well and I therefore decided to reset Windows 10 with a factory reset. It did reinstall but when Windows 10 boots with the automatically created user “Other user”.

Apparently, this has to do with TPM.
I DID NOT use TPM (or in the past) and therefore do not have a special USB-stick with a password.

In the BIOS I can see that TPM is enabled but it does not let me disable TPM in the BIOS.

I cannot logon to the new Windows 10 installation and/or create a user.

Any advice how to solve this?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night LighthouseNL !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Have you tried activating the superuser password on Bios to release changes to some options?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• LighthouseNL
    Goodnight MaClane,

Exact model is: Acer Aspire E 17
    E5-774-33T7

Yes, that made me one step closer to a solution. By changing de password of the superuser I was able to disable TPM.
    I started Windows but is still comes with the automatically created user “Other user”. I did another factory reset hoping I would be able to create a user but unfortunately. Started the laptop in save mode. Laptop automatically starts with the user “Administrator” and shows “Preparing Windows”. After a longtime it shows the message:

C:\WINDOS\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not available.

The taskbar is visible, the desktop has a black background with the Recycle Bin icon, the start button in the taskbar is visible but does not respond when I click on it.

I checked the Bios, TPM state is still [Disabled].
    It shows: Disabled = Disable Storage and Endorsement Hierarchy.

After rebooting it immediately shows Administrator. Your account is disabled/switch-off, ask your system administrator. I cannot select/or create another user. I can boot in save mode or do factory reset again.
  • MaClane
    In this case, I advise you to reset again by choosing the option to delete everything.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• LighthouseNL
    I start the laptop with Alt + F10 and already choose:
    Troubleshoot > Reset your PC > Delete everything

This will start the recovery process with as result the same problem a described.
    It does reinstall Windows 10 boots with the automatically created user “Other user”.
    Other suggestions?
  • MaClane
    Are you entering the same activation email as the first installation?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• LighthouseNL
    I solved the problem by installing a Windows 10 ISO-file on an USB-flash drive, changed the boot-option to start from the flash drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows (release 1903) to (in my case) partition 3/ ACER partition.
    Since Windows 10 is and OEM-version and the key is nowadays in the hardware it automatically activates Windows.

Thanks for helping out!
  • MaClane
    Good afternoon !

Great!
    Accept the answer to get settled and help others in the forum!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™