Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SF314-56 (NX.HAQEK.002) HDD Bracket and SATA cable?

romeocharliegolfromeocharliegolf Posts: 2Member New User
Dear all,
I tried to search this question, but can't find any satisfactory answer. Can you help me?
I'm interested in this product: Swift 3 SF314-56G, NX.HAQEK.002. From Laptopmedia review, I know that this particular variant has a 2.5" slot, but they reviewed the variant without an SSD.
According to Acer UK store, the NX.HAQEK.002 has 8GB of RAM and 512GB of NVMe SSD. Will this variant include an HDD bracket and the SATA cable or should I buy them separately?
Thanks for your answer!

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,061ACE Trailblazer
    Usually no. But you don't need the bracket, only the cable. I immobilize and protect the 2.5" HDD or SSD with antistat foam. It's crowded enough inside already without the hassle of adding another piece scrap metal and screws. :)   Jack E/NJ
  • romeocharliegolfromeocharliegolf Posts: 2Member New User
    Ah, interesting though! Is looking for the cable easy enough?
  • JackEJackE Posts: 16,061ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Any internal 2.5" SATA3 HDD cable that physically fits inside the case will be fine. The ACER part number is 450.0E70A.0011 if you'd like to pay a lot for your cable. However, I don't like to pay a lot for my cables. So if it was mine,  I'd probably buy the €17 cable from CentralPoint https://www.centralpoint.be/nl/niet-gecategoriseerd/acer/cable-ffc-hdd-art-50-gxkn1-005-num-7443111/ Jack E/NJ