Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R163 booting issues

2»

Answers

• jayhovah
    jayhovah Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    In your first picture, on the side of the battery toward the middle of the motherboard, go all the way to the right side and there is the little switch used to disrupt the battery power using a paperclip through a hole in the bottom cover. Give it a bunch of presses and releases and feel if it is opening and closing properly. Then try the power button.
    Ok. I'll try this right away. But i did it after i put the battery back earlier.
  • topcat7736
    topcat7736 Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    When you first turn it on, can you press the F2 button and go into the BIOS which might turn on the screen?
  • topcat7736
    Also, unplug the charger, disconnect the battery, plug in the charger and see if the screen comes on without the battery installed. It may be shorted out.
  • jayhovah
    I tried the battery pinhole stuff. Same story like earlier. As i said, the spacebar doesn't turn it on anymore.
    I also turned it on with the battery out. It turns on. I checked the fan this time and i saw it turning all the time. But now, i am stuck with a black screen.
    And the F2 didn't work, alas.
  • topcat7736
    Well, we're getting closer. Maybe turn it off, disconnect battery & charger and then remove the memory. If there are two cards, remove them both and only use the charger to see if it powers up. Then, disconnect charger and put back in the memory one card at a time but into the others slot. Connect charger and try with that memory card.
  • jayhovah
    I took out the 2 RAM sticks. And clean them too. I power with no memory stick and it works! I turned it off, put one and it works again. I put the two and it works. I took out the power cord and use only the battery. And it works too. So i put everything back (RAM, battery, power cord) and turned it on. My system was back to its normal self. It is presently working on battery, just like before.
    I guess I owe you one. You desserved a huge thank for this walktrough.
    In the end, i can't still tell what went wrong (maybe that keyboard cable), but i glad i got my laptop back. Thank you once again.
  • topcat7736
    edited June 2019
    Did you download my bill?
    I''m glad your machine is finally up and running. Sorry it took so long. The 6 hour time difference was killing me.  ;)
    And, you're a great photographer!
  • jayhovah
    Did you download my bill?
    I''m glad your machine is finally up and running. Sorry it took so long. The 6 hour time difference was killing me.  ;)
    And, you're a great photographer!
    =)=);)
    Thank you
    6 hours difference. I hope you managed to get some sleep somehow. It was a great experience to have someone so cool guiding me through all this.
    I was already thinking about shipping the laptop back to Brussels.
  • jayhovah
    And, yes, you are very good at describing too
  • Laptop_Gaming
    Laptop_Gaming Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    I think your device has a hardware failure, and may be a discrete card error! XXXXX.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• jayhovah
    I am afraid, the issue is not solved, as it arises again.
    I let the laptop run to see where the problem could come from and to see if there was any software or application to blame whatsoever.
    After 4 hours, the machine just turned off again, with the same things as before (spacebar pressing turning it on and stuffs). Thinking it might come from the RAM, I left the machine off for a while (2 days actually), opened it and cleaned the RAM. But before it could turn on, i have to do a long press on the power button (more than 2 minutes).
    This time around, it didn't last 10mn before turning off. However, i saw something strange popping up. During a blink of time, an application with the Acer logo (it was fast, but i know it was Acer) came up and asked whether i wanted to shutdown the computer or put it to sleep. But before i could do anything, it turned off.

I am seriously thinking about a motherboard issue or a faulty hardware.
This discussion has been closed.