acceptable amount of IPS glow?

Options
zqa20
zqa20 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
https://imgur.com/a/LKiB2Xo

2 of the pictures are 21% and 2 at 100% brightness.

I can notice this at night and it's only the bottom right corner. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good afternoon zqa20 !

This issue is known as Backlight Leak or Bleed.
    Also commonly called View of "Clouds", Clouding, Backlight Bleed or "Mura".
    Unfortunately, this is a problem presented by several screen producers today.
    Any brand or developer is subject to this.
    There is no exchange policy for any company regarding this problem.
    Several companies have this defect in their screens like Sony, Dell, Asus, Acer among others.

However, I have some tips that may be useful before starting to change the screen:

Tip 1: Use the program called DPT (free) (http://www.dataproductservices.com/dpt) for effect analysis.
    The ideal software screen to check the Clouding is the Solid Black or the Circle.
    Know that the darker the environment, the greater the visual incidence of these leaks.
    During the process check that increasing and decreasing the brightness of the screen may check the exact points of the occurrences.

Tip 2: Use your equipment in a bright location where light incidence comes from the back. This will enhance contrast and the deepest black tones.
    In very dark and / or semi-locations, the likelihood of viewing such clouds is higher due to non-incidence of any other ambient light source.

Most important, these leaks are not so glaring that they can interfere completely with your visual experience.

P.S: Be aware that if you decide to change, the next one may come better or worse! It's a risk!

PS²: in this link you can see that even other brands already have their guides to deal with the subject: https://www.dell.com/support/article/br/en/brbsdt1/sln304886/problems-problems- of-light-leak-on-a-monitor-lcd-or-screen-lcd-of-notebook? lang = en

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• zqa20
    edited May 2019
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon zqa20 !

This issue is known as Backlight Leak or Bleed.
    Also commonly called View of "Clouds", Clouding, Backlight Bleed or "Mura".
    Unfortunately, this is a problem presented by several screen producers today.
    Any brand or developer is subject to this.
    There is no exchange policy for any company regarding this problem.
    Several companies have this defect in their screens like Sony, Dell, Asus, Acer among others.

However, I have some tips that may be useful before starting to change the screen:

Tip 1: Use the program called DPT (free) (http://www.dataproductservices.com/dpt) for effect analysis.
    The ideal software screen to check the Clouding is the Solid Black or the Circle.
    Know that the darker the environment, the greater the visual incidence of these leaks.
    During the process check that increasing and decreasing the brightness of the screen may check the exact points of the occurrences.

Tip 2: Use your equipment in a bright location where light incidence comes from the back. This will enhance contrast and the deepest black tones.
    In very dark and / or semi-locations, the likelihood of viewing such clouds is higher due to non-incidence of any other ambient light source.

Most important, these leaks are not so glaring that they can interfere completely with your visual experience.

P.S: Be aware that if you decide to change, the next one may come better or worse! It's a risk!

PS²: in this link you can see that even other brands already have their guides to deal with the subject: https://www.dell.com/support/article/br/en/brbsdt1/sln304886/problems-problems- of-light-leak-on-a-monitor-lcd-or-screen-lcd-of-notebook? lang = en

Thank you for your detailed response.

In terms of bleed, from my understanding bleed won't go away/change when I move my head where as IPS glow will. If I move my head to the right (nearer the glow) the glow lessons and goes away completely if my head is aliened with the right of the screen. In terms of Bleed there's little to none on this monitor. There's a very small bleed top left that I didn't notice until I turned my brightness to 100% and saw a little yellow bleed, there WAS also a small bleed on the right hand side of the monitor but I tugged on the bezel a bit and it reduced it to unnoticeable levels unless I get right up to the screen and look for it. 

During the day it's (IPS glow) COMPLETELY unnoticeable but it does start to come out at night. 

Also I agree with your last point which is why I'm asking for advice, I've seem some horror stories when it comes to IPS panels and if I get rid of this I may get a worse one and them possibly have to RMA multiple times to get one as "good" as the one I have now. This is the reason I'm asking for advice before I proceed with anything. 
  • zqa20
    Options
    I've taken some more pictures.

This is my monitor at night with the lights on. Take no notice of the yellow reflection on the left of the monitor ^^.

21% brightness

https://imgur.com/a/j9SyCVI
  • MaClane
    Options
    The question is ... connected, with the screen running (in games for example or using for simple navigation), is this bleeding glaring in the eyes to the point of interfering enough?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• zqa20
    Options
    Only at night when going into darker areas. I think what I'm going to do is try the updated model of my monitor (xf270hua) the xv272u and see which monitor is better in terms of colours,bleed glow est
  • MaClane
    Options
    In this case I agree that the ideal would then be to invest in a newer model with better specifications.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• zqa20
    Options
    Yeah I'll compare the two side by side. Apparently the new panels have better colours but are slower in terms of response time. 

I think the new acer monitors use the same panel as the gigabyte ad27qd 
  • MaClane
    Options
    Once you get it, post here a photo.
    If my answers were helpful to you, check to accept others to help in the forum!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™