Acer Revo RL85 - BIOS Locked

Options
2rrm
2rrm Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all,

Reading through other threads, it seems the advise is to start a new thread - sorry in advance if I have this wrong.

Model : Acer Revo RL85_Pw2957U

BIOS flashed : P11-A2L.CAP (alleged successful in Windows using acer utility)

Machine was working, with older version of the BIOS, there appeared to be a potential issue with the machine so as part of routine maintenance we decided to up date the BIOS, we downloaded and installed P11-A2L.CAP using the acer utilities. On reboot the machine will not boot and we cannot change to legacy boot and insecure. So we cannot do anything to the machine. All changes are reverted back on reboot.

We have purchased one of the chip readers and managed to read the current BIOS and save it. We have tried several CAP to BIN / ROM utilities to try and get the BIOS in to the correct format to upload and none of these have worked. The link in another post to acer.bin file does not work and we are unable to progress any further.

If anyone can help provide / point us to the correct acer.bin file that would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2RRM

Answers

• IxROPAxI
    IxROPAxI Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So the problem itself((( 
    P11-B0

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, starting a new thread is perfectly appropriate. So... which OS were you running when this started? The "L" versions of the BIOS have been tweaked to run Linux and we'll likely have to re-tweak it back enough to get Windows booting again in order to install a newer version. I'd be tempted to step to A4 rather than B0, just in case the A->B change isn't as stable. Can you get into the BIOS at all? You really don't want to be in Legacy boot, that was only used for Windows 7 and before. If you can't get the BIOS up with the normal Del key (hammered from power up to after the splash screen) can you get the boot menu (F12 done the same way)?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.