Can Acer make a Swift 7 with an AMD processor and graphics card instead of intel?

xBlackCoyotex
xBlackCoyotex Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Due to Intel's security issues with hyperthreading, I would love to get this laptop, as it would fit everything I need a laptop for, but if it was Quad-Core instead of Dual-Core, and if they used AMD over Intel, I would be instantly purchasing it for what I need it for.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night xBlackCoyotex !

Acer develops handsets and models according to each follow up.
    In this segment the AMD and Radeon suites are not so effective.
    In addition there are several security holes in the Ryzen series confirmed by AMD itself.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• xBlackCoyotex
    xBlackCoyotex Member Posts: 2 New User
    I understand that other companies have security holes, however, the ones in the Intel Hyperthreading as of right now, will allow individuals to steal your information through a corrupted ad on the internet, without your knowledge. AMDs processors cannot have this done to them, as they are more focused on security than Intel is.

I believe there is nothing I can do about this, but could there be a laptop the same size or smaller than the Swift 7 that runs on AMD instead of Intel? Or could there possibly be an AMD model?

I am just wondering here, I would love this laptop like stated previously, but with Intel's security flaw, and the Dual-Core not Quad-Core for almost 3 thousand dollars, I am not willing to make this investment.

Thanks in advance, Thank you for understanding,
    xBlackCoyotex