Keyboard Issues - need help

zaqardinoo
zaqardinoo Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 12 in 2019 Archives

Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro VN7-571G is my laptop. Since yesterday my keyboard is acting strange. The Laptop isn't dropped or anything. When I type 1 - It types 1] and when I type ] it goes ]1, my key arrow for scrolling it is turning my caps lock on, my escape is turning my num lock on, my A is scrolling to the bottom of the page and etc. I really need some help or how to fix it. I tried removing languages, uninstalling drivers and so on. I think I've tried everything, please help!

Comments

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    Good afternoon zaqardinoo !

Did you uninstall the drivers from the controller in Device Manager?
    Ever check if you run with an external keyboard?
    Verify that Bios exists in the Function Key Behavior option and that it is enabled.
    Does the Bios screen also display the error?

Se minha resposta foi Ăştil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• In uefi, is there a function called function key behavior?
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zaqardinoo

Tinkerer

Hello, yes I've uninstalled the drivers from device manager. How do I check that BIOS thing, I know how to enter the BIOS, but where do I find it later?
  • here my friend:
    Resultado de imagem para function key behavior acer
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zaqardinoo

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    I don't have the function key behavior, ty tho !
  • Have you tried installing acer quick access?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zaqardinoo

Tinkerer

Yes, thats how realized that when I scroll down/up with arrows my caps lock goes off and on 
  • Does this problem occur with an external USB keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zaqardinoo

Tinkerer

I don't have any, I think I will buy this days just to check.
  • I also suggest you reset the battery:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zaqardinoo

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    I just tried that, sadly didn't help. I think there are 3 solutions left: 1st to buy keyboard to check if its my keyboard or some software issue 2nd to re-install windows if its software bug 3rd to replace my current keyboard if its broken.
  • salehakram
    salehakram Member Posts: 73 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    please replace your current keyboard.  if you have warranty then please  sent it to customer service.     
  • You can try the second option by reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zaqardinoo

Tinkerer

Do I have to put USB/CD before doing that, like regular reinstalling?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    zaqardinoo disse:
    Do I have to put USB/CD before doing that, like regular reinstalling?

Do not.
    The installation system is on the hidden partition created by Acer.
    No CD or USB drive required.

Se minha resposta foi Ăştil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!
             Â