G3-710 Predator BIOS Dump File

S17V3R
S17V3R Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello all,
I have a G3-710 Predator with a MIB15L-SophiaB Motherboard, it supposedly successfully performed a BIOS update and after powering it down it no longer posts. I have a CH341A programmer and after plugging the BIOS chip into another computer it shows as empty. I have written data to it and re-read it so it seems like it functional, however, I have no way to get the original BIOS programming. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You,
Malcolm

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night S17V3R !

First, was your device still under warranty when you performed these procedures?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• S17V3R
    No, it was made in 2017

• S17V3R
    I was hoping to get the BIOS dump file for the R01.A4 file. I have the update folder from the Acer website but the .cap file is not runnable with my programmer. I need a .rom or a .bin file.