Laptop is a Acer SF315-52 with i5 processor, 16 GB ram and a recently installed NVMe drive.
Since the installation of the NVMe drive, it has been booting strangely.
After selecting restart:
1. The machine shuts down completely.
2. pressing the power button does nothing.
3. If I then close the lid and reopen .....
4. Pushing the power button starts the machine normally ... EXCEPT
5. The boot to my desktop takes about 45 seconds ! (which seems slow for a very fast NVMe drive)
6. If I set the machine to hibernate when I close the lid, when I lift the lid and hit the power button
the machine restores to the destop in under 5 seconds !
So here's the mystery ... why the odd behavior when restarting ? Have I installed the NVMe drive incorectly ?
(HDD has been removed BTW) In the BIOS there are 2 choices for the drive, either ACHI or "RST with Optane".
The machine will not boot at all if I set the drive to ACHI. In all other respects the machine performs very well.